Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thoughts 7/6/09

So after pretty much bagging Billy Elliot a lot, I decided to have a look at some of the productions done in other country's. 

I've since come to the conclusion that perhaps Billy Elliot the Musical is not as bad as I thought it was, but rather the kid that we got who played Billy Elliot was just crap and ruined any chance of me liking the musical. 

So sorry Billy Elliot fans, I guess it was just the kid that ruined it. 

Soft self-portrait with grilled bacon, by Salvador Dali

On another note, I'm looking forward to the Winter Masterpieces at the National Gallery of Victoria this year, as it is a Salvador Dali Exhibition. 

Salvador Dali is probably one of, if not my favourite artist. His surrealist paintings along with interesting films, that once made a cameo in Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound (highly recommend anyone to see this film) are both intriguing and characteristic of 20th century surrealism. 

The exhibition, entitled 'Liquid Desire' opens on 13 June and runs until 4 October. It contains some of his most well known paintings, including "The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory" (well known to most as melting clocks). The exhibition includes not only his paintings, but also photography, films, sculptures and more. 

The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory, by Salvador Dali

Also, right now there are  movies I'm looking forward to/ want to see. 

1. Fanboys:
On at ACMI, sounds hilarious, nothing beats a bunch of nerds who work at a comic book store trying to break into George Lucas's ranch to get a sneak peak at the new star wars. 

2. Adventureland:
Supposed to be quite good/ funny, friend recommended it, I think i'll go and see it. 


3. Coraline:
I know it doesn't come out until August, but I cannot wait for the new stop motion animation film by Henry Sellick (Nightmare Before Christmas)

Anywho, those are my thoughts for the moment,

Em

1 comment: